July 30, 2009
Tonight we held the first Tool Talk, a monthly round table discussion on tech tools.
Tool Talk is based on a first come first serve basis, so watch this space for news on how to RSVP for the next one in August.
The discussion tonight included some of Nashville’s brightest minds on (and off) the web.
The file is available below to listen to, but please note that this is not a professional recording.
A big thank you goes out to everyone who were kind enough to participate tonight.
I’ve included each person and their favorite tools below. Enjoy the conversation.
*** Kate O’Neill – [meta]marketer
– Eye-Fi – wireless photo and video uploads from your camera to your computer and to the web
– Skitch – fast and fun screen capture and image sharing
– ecto – blog editor for Mac OS X
– Posterours – The place to post everything. Just email us. Dead simple blog by email
– Zemanta – We suggest tags, links, photos, and related articles. You save time and aspirin.
*** Mitch Canter – Studio Nashvegas
All In One SEO – optimizes your WordPress blog for Search Engines (Search Engine Optimization).
WordPress Database Backup – WP-DB-Backup allows you easily to backup your core WordPress database tables.
CForms II – a powerful and feature rich form plugin for WordPress, offering convenient deployment of multiple Ajax driven contact forms throughout your blog or even on the same page.
Twitter Tools – Twitter Tools is a plugin that creates a complete integration between your WordPress blog and your Twitter account.
Super Cache – generates static html files from your dynamic WordPress blog.
Exec PHP – The Exec-PHP plugin executes PHP code in posts, pages and text widgets.
Front Page Excluded Categories – a basic plugin that excludes posts in one or more categories from appearing on the front page.
*** Dave Delaney – that’s me. :-)
– TweetDeck – your personal browser for staying in touch with what’s happening now, connecting you with your contacts across Twitter, Facebook and more
– Seesmic Desktop – build your community
– Tweetie Desktop – Twitter client for Mac
– Ning – lets you create and join new social networks for your interests and passions.
Ning bashing ensues…. you’ll need to listen to learn more.
*** Chuck Bryant – Border Jump
– TripIt.com – online travel itinerary and trip planner
– HootSuite – the ultimate Twitter toolbox. With HootSuite, you can manage multiple Twitter profiles, pre-schedule tweets, and measure your success.
– Fluid – Free Site Specific Browser for Mac OS X Leopard
*** Eric Schuff – Tennessean
– CoTweet – CoTweet is a platform that helps companies reach and engage customers using Twitter.
– Publish2 – The Web’s largest newsroom: Journalists collaborate to curate the news.
– Coda – Text editor + file transfer + svn + CSS + Terminal + Books + More = Whoah.
– Espresso – PHP tool
– Yammer – Enterprise microblogging
– Feedly – weaves your favorite content into a fun, magazine-like start page.
Thanks again to everyone who participated. I’ll be posting details on the next Tool Talk.