May 16, 2009
Yesterday, I left the office at 2pm to begin my four hour jaunt to Atlanta for Mashable’s Mixer. The journey was a fun one, mainly because I kept myself entertained with podcasts and my Flip camera (which I won from Zappos in the Blogger’s Lounge at SXSW. Thanks Zappos :-).
I can’t possibly list everything I loved about the night, but I’ll do my best (in no specific order):
- Catching up with Nashville’s own Anne Hussung and Kate O’Neill – Nashville representin’!
- Being interviewed by the amazing Wayne Sutton
- Getting my first Google profiles business card from Brandon Sheats
- Meeting the One World Connects guys and receiving their unique meridian necklace. Think Akoha meets jewelery.
- Finally meeting Scott Schablow in person
- Fun chatting with Allie Sullivan
- Seeing Sean Smith from VolumMonster again
- Chatting about old school podcasting with Adam “AB” Bloom (Julien and C.C. said hello!)
- Talking about my side product with the super cool Jeff Cohen
- Meeting Scott Lockhart and his wife (name?) from Regator. Hat tip to you guys for an awesome evening too!
- Being interviewed not once, but twice, by Courtenay Bird
- Checking out Tessa Horehled‘s kick ass necklace
- The nice girl from Regator who kept bringing me snacks :-) thanks!
- Chatting about Canada and community with Richard LeBer and Paul Rodman at the after party.
- Seeing my New Media Expo and Gnomedex comrade Mark Chernesky, I hope to see you there this year!
- Meeting and chatting with Adam Ostrow. Thanks again for an amazing evening. You Mashable peeps are awesome.
- Dreaming up a cool microphilanthropy idea with Jason Keath
- Thanks again for an amazing evening. You Mashable peeps are awesome.
…ok, I know I’m forgetting you. I’m so sorry if I forgot. Refresh my memory in the comments, feel free to give me a “virtual” slap up-side the head.
Thanks again to Regator and Mashable, plus all the other sponsors, for putting on an incredible night.
Don’t you just think Mashville has such a great ring to it? I’m really hoping the gang at Mashable decide to do a mixer in Music City next time.