June 30, 2010
Quick! Stop what you’re doing! It’s Social Media Day today!
What does this mean? I don’t know. To me every day is Social Media Day, but if Mashable says it is so, it is so. :)
Wait! Stop! It’s also my brother Mike‘s birthday today. Hi Mike. Happy birthday buddy.
Ok, back to Social Media Day (sorry Mike).
As far as we know, there is no official Social Media Day. But we do think there should be one. So we invite you to celebrate the revolution of media becoming a social dialogue by attending or organizing a Social Media Day meetup in your area on June 30. What better way to celebrate social media than connecting with other enthusiasts in your area?
We’ll be celebrating in Nashville. So if you’re in the area why not drop by for a drink to toast our hyper-connected lives. Not in Nashville, but still dying to poke your friends in real life?
Here’s How To Participate:
- Meetup Everywhere Mashable: Sign up to attend or organize your own event on the Meetup Everywhere Mashable.
- Use our Logo: If you’re planning a meetup, use our Social Media Day logo for the event. Why the alpaca for the mascot you might ask? It’s among the most social farm animals.
- Comment via Facebook: Go to Smday.com and leave a comment either promoting your meetup or tell us what you’re doing for your event.
- RSVP to the Facebook Event: RSVP and upload photos from your meetup to our Facebook event page.
- Upload to Flickr: Upload photos to Flickr and tag them with #smday.
- Follow @mashSMday: Follow @mashSMday on Twitter for updates and developments on the celebration.
- Tweet: Use the #smday hashtag on Twitter. With so many participating, we should be a trending topic on Twitter on June 30. Also, we’ll soon be announcing a prize for those that tweet or post FB.