Sharing my stuff with Tumblr

By | January 29, 2010

Dave's Shared Items on TumblrTumblr rules. There, I said it. I really love it. Here’s how Tumblr describes their free service:

Tumblr lets you effortlessly share anything. Post text, photos, quotes, links, music, and videos, from your browser, phone, desktop, email, or wherever you happen to be. You can customize everything, from colors, to your theme‘s HTML.

We used Tumblr extensively leading up to and during our recent CESBOUND.com road trip. Our ninja web designer created a custom Tumblr template that rocks. Each of us used our iPhones to post updates, pictures, quotes, video and audio to our Tumblr account in real time. It was perfect for a road trip.

Tumblr is also perfect if you want to create a quick blog. I’ve recently created two new ones, Music Dave Loves, which automatically posts music I “love” using Last.FM and Dave’s Shared Items, which aggregates my Google Shared Items. I encourage you to subscribe to the feed if you’re interested in what I’m interested in.

If you’re looking for a way to share things you should consider using Tumblr.

7 Comments

webslog on January 29, 2010 at 6:54 pm.

Hey Dave: So is Tumblr an aggregator? Another feeder? I'm still looking for a clear differentiation as to why and how Tumblr fits into my already too-full plate of updating/posting obligations.

defycreative on January 29, 2010 at 6:55 pm.

I have been thinking about using them for a site. I like that you have the option to use a regular domain name instead of a Tumblr address.

"Predictable But Fun" on January 29, 2010 at 9:42 pm.

Hello my name is Dave, and I love Tumblr! :)

Dave Delaney on January 29, 2010 at 10:22 pm.

If that's how you feel then you don't need it. But yes, you can inport
several feeds into it, or simply blog with it if you prefer.

However, I recommend WordPress if you want to go for normal blogging.

Cheers,
D

Dave Delaney on January 29, 2010 at 10:22 pm.

Yes, it's a great feature.

Sam Davidson on February 1, 2010 at 3:53 pm.

I have two Tumblogs. One is for my daughter (3 weeks old). We post pictures and updates so family and friends can see her grow up. Easy to do with the iPhone when we're out an about. A friend (who is location independent) and I also share one to post links, quotes, etc. We each read lots of different blogs, so it's better than sharing in a reader or emailing.

Dave Delaney on February 1, 2010 at 3:59 pm.

That's a great idea! That way you can password protect it if you don't want
to share it with the public. The quote feature is a GREAT one for your kiddo
once she's speaking. That's such a great idea.

Congrats on your 3 week old too! Enjoy the time, it goes by fast. Mine are 3
and 4, they rock!

Leave Your Comment

Your email will not be published or shared. Required fields are marked *