November 29, 2007
Does your business card suck?
I was reading Seth Godin’s tips on creating cool business cards. He’s got some great pointers which I thought I’d share:
- Don’t print your own cards.
- Don’t use big type for the address and contact info. The #1 way we can tell if a business card is cheesy is with a glance at the type size. Really.
- Don’t buy those color business cards with your face on them. You’re not an ordinary real estate agent, so there’s no sense in acting like one.
- Don’t go with metal business cards.
- You might think it’s a great idea to do a full color card with a big (lousy) picture on it. It’s not.
- I like rounded edges. But only if you leave plenty of margin.
- Margins matter. Anytime your type gets anywhere near the margin, you’ve blown it.
Now here’s the incredible business card that Emma created for me. I used this at PodCasters Across Borders last year and made a lot of new friends (who knew!). I pre-arranged this with the bar where I knew we’d be meeting after the conference.
[tags]Seth Godin, business card design, PodCasters Across Borders, Emma Email Marketing, Dave Delaney, Two Boobs and a Baby[/tags]