October 2, 2007
Friends from Podcasting New Media Expo
I returned from the Podcasting New Media Expo late last night, along side Matthew Ebel and Geoff Smith – two new buddies (plus Ed Roberts for half of the trip, also a new buddy). New friends, that’s really what new media conferences (and un-conferences) are all about. They are about meeting your fellow bloggers, podcasters, twitterers, etc. in the flesh. Social Networking is about being social. Like, BarCamp Nashville and Gnomedex, I am walking away with some new friends and I love it.
I want to post this to personally thank many of my new (and old) friends who I caught up with in Ontario (California, not Canada) this weekend. You are all awesome peeps. Thank you for making my time there incredible.
- C.C. Chapman: You truly a gent! Thank you so much for breakfast. It was a blast finally meeting you in person man.
- Julien Smith: It was awesome catching up with a fellow Canuck-caster. Always a good time with Julien (avec poutine or not).
- Dan York: Dinner and drinks and awesome stories of polar bears. Great meeting you.
- TresJefes: You dudes are totally L.A. I haven’t even watched your podcast yet (I will soon), but you’re the real thing. I’ll toast my next drink to you.
- Elsie Escobar: I only met you briefly, but Paul and Tim had such great things to say. I am all about figuring out this downward dog thing and soon.
- Paul Babin: The future’s what you make it man. I have high hopes for you. You’re a great dude.
- David Jackson: Thanks for the interview and giving me a little Two Boobs and a Baby + love. I’m subscribed.
- Ryan Irelan: Like I tweeted during your presentation, you could very well cure podfading by simplifying the painstaking bits of podcasting.
- Terry Fallis: Speaking of Canadians I love. You’re the best man. I’m really looking forward to seeing you soon. Keep in touch.
- Molly Berry: You’re a sweetheart. It was great meeting ya.
- Matthew Ebel: You made the trip home 100% more enjoyable than I had planned for. Thanks so much for the company, movies and laughs. Better luck on the slots next time. See you in Nashvegas.
- Geoff Smith: What I said for Matthew applies to you too man. I’ll see you at your bar with the Emma crew.
- Ed Roberts: See above. From homefries to 30,000 feet. It was a real pleasure meeting you man.
- Matthew Snodgrass: Great chatting over In N Out. Glad you could meet your distant relative.
- Lance Anderson: Keep on representin’ L.A. podcasters. They are an amazing group of peeps. Nice meeting you man. Thanks for the drinks.
- Tim Coyne: Improving pool side really got me in that performing mood again. What can I say buddy, it was fantastic to meet you. Best of luck with Project House. I’ll be speaking with you again soon I’m sure. You rock dude.
- Suzette Boyette: Thanks for listening and supporting our podcast. I’m looking forward to that interview.
- Andy Bilodeau: Stop breaking cameras :-) You rock dude. I always love seeing you and V. Catch ya soon.
- Vivian Vasquez: Get Andy to stop breaking cameras already. :-) You rock too V. Sorry you got trapped in that Magic Kingdom for so long.
- Betsy and Kris: I love you guys. Best of luck with everything you two do. I’ll be subscribed. Great woofing burgers with ya.
- Sallie Goetsch: Fun dinner and a great time was had with you guys. Great badges too.
- Stepan Mazurov: Nice chatting dude. Good luck with all of that RSS goodness.
- Chris Brogan: What can I say man? It’s always a blast.
- Jasper Borgman: Looking forward to checking out your show man. Lots of rock n’ roll is just what the doctor ordered.
- Karin Hoegh: Defining to meaning to artistic license.
- Stefan Didak: Happy snapping. Looking forward to check out your pics.
- Jeffrey W. Sass: Nice sharing the session with you. Great meeting you.
- Greg Cangialosi: Awesome seeing you again man, great chatting. See ya soon I’m sure.
- Lorri Randle: You rule. It was fun watching your stuff :-) Great meeting you.
- Laura Athavale Fitton: You rule too. You and Lorri were so much fun to hang with (and watch your stuff too). You’re a hoot, keep in touch.
- CJ and Dan: You two are hilarious. Way to rock on. Great to finally meet you in person!
I’m SURE I’m forgetting some of you. I apologize if I did. Be sure to leave me a comment and kick my butt, or just say hi.
For you ego surfers…[tags]newmediaexpo2007, pnme, nme, C.C. Chapman, Julien Smith, Dan York, TresJefes, Elsie Escobar, Paul Babin, David Jackson, Ryan Irelan, Terry Fallis, Molly Berry, Matthew Ebel, Geoff Smith, Ed Roberts, Matthew Snodgrass, Lance Anderson, Tim Coyne, Suzette Boyette, Andy Bilodeau, Vivian Vasquez, Betsy and Kris, Sallie Goetsch, Stepan Mazurov, Chris Brogan, Jasper Borgman, Karin Hoegh, Stefan Didak, Jeffrey W. Sass, Greg Cangialosi, Lorri Randle, Laura Athavale Fitton, CJ and Dan [/tags]